These Terms & Conditions are applicable to all the Participants/ Winners of Sun TV’s “Pana Parisu Mazhai” (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) promoted / organized By M/s Sun TV Network Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “STNL”). These terms and conditions can be amended or varied from time to time by STNL.
- Period of the Contest: The Contest starts on 27th July, 2020 at 8:00 pm and ends on 7th August, 2020 at 10:59 pm Monday – Friday only (‘Contest Period’). Contest hours would commence from 8:00 pm and valid till 10:59 pm on all contest days. This Contest is applicable only to the viewers of “Sun TV”.
- The contest is open only for residents of Tamil Nadu & Puducherry only, who have completed 18 years or more and residing in Tamil Nadu as on the date of entering/participating in the Contest.
- “Sun TV” will ask 1 question to the viewers at the end of the following serials: Kalyanaveedu, Kanmani and Nayagi, which will be aired between 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm from Monday to Friday (‘Programme’) during the contest period. Viewers will need to listen to all the questions closely and carefully so as to provide their answers for the contest.
- Each question will have a minimum of 2 options i.e A & B. The viewers have to answer each question separately by way of Missed calls/SMS to numbers that will be displayed during respective shows between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM, from 27th July to 7th August, 2020.
/ Programme Name
- The contact numbers shall be published on the day of the contest and subsequent to its publication the Terms and Conditions as laid down herein would be modified to provide for the contact numbers of the Contest.
- The viewers calling/messaging the incorrect phone number for each day of the Contest will be treated as an invalid entry and shall be summarily rejected. The viewers calling/messaging the correct phone number for the respective answer will be treated as valid.
- The viewers have to call/message the correct phone number before the end of the daily contest day, i.e before 10.59 pm of the same day. For Ex: If the contest questions are asked on 27th of July, 2020 the answers have to be sent on 27th of July, 2020 (i.e., same day) before 10.59 pm, to be eligible for winning the prizes. Any entries beyond the aforementioned timings will not be considered for the Contest.
- Viewers can place any number of Missed calls/SMS to participate in the Contest. More number of Missed calls/SMS does not however mean the eligibility of winning is higher.
- STNL will not be responsible in any way for failure of any backend technology of any applications and resultant inability of a user for participation.
- At the end of the Contest period, STNL shall select by a process of random selection from amongst the correct answers received during each day of the Contest and the Contest period and in accordance with these terms and conditions, a total cash prize of Rs.5,00,000 will be distributed among 500 selected winners @ Rs.1000/- each.
- Each Contestant (including his/ her family members) is eligible to win only once during the entire Contest period.
- The winners will be chosen as per the sole discretion of STNL and only the selected winners will be informed by our STNL Team.
- The winners for the daily contest will be announced on “Dinakaran News Paper” or as determined by STNL.
- STNL Holds no responsibility or liability in case the winner/winners fail to be contactable by STNL on the day of the results being declared by STNL for any reason, having made despite the best efforts of STNL. A Maximum of 3 attempts will be made to contact each winner by STNL, at the telephone number available with STNL, thereafter the prize shall lapse unconditionally and irrevocably without further notice in this regard at the sole discretion of STNL and the winner shall have no claim whatsoever on the prize. In such a case, STNL shall not be liable to prove the efforts made in this regard.
- Winners will have to submit ID proof and address proof in the form of Passport, Aadhaar, Bank account details including IFSC code, Account name, Account number, Age, City/State and a valid phone number to be eligible to receive the prize money. The deposit time will be decided by STNL at its sole discretion and informed to the winners at the time of call.
- In case of any dispute or differences arise in respect of the prize/ selection of winners, the decision of STNL shall be final and binding on all the participants and winners.
- Winner will be liable to pay the taxes and any other considerations, as applicable on the winning prize/prizes. STNL, if required, shall deduct the applicable taxes. The winner will be intimated of the same by our STNL Team during the call.
- The prize shall be given to the winner on production of valid documents such as Photo and ID proof in the form of Passport, Aadhaar, Bank account details including IFSC code, Account name, Account number, Age, City/State and a valid phone number. The winners may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. By participating in the Contest the winner irrevocably and unconditionally accepts the same and undertakes to be bound by all the conditions herein without any kind of contestation and/or demur. Any failure on the part of the winner to comply with directions issued by STNL, shall entitle STNL, in its own discretion to cancel and forfeit the prize for the said winner and then the same prize will be given to the next eligible winner.
- Though STNL shall make every effort to declare the results of the Contest on the due date for the respective winner, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
- All the costs and expenses for collecting the prize will be borne solely by the winner and STNL shall not entertain any claim, whatsoever in this regard. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the offer.
- The prize shall be non-transferable and non-negotiable and no such request shall be entertained by STNL. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, STNL reserves the sole right to offer an alternative prize of the same value.
- STNL reserves the right to select and declare or not to declare the winners if the number of entries submitted for the contest is not up to the satisfaction of STNL. Decision of STNL in this regard is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Employees of STNL and its affiliates/subsidiaries, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies, participating operators and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- STNL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants/winners while participating in the Contest.
- Failure by STNL to enforce any of these terms and conditions in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
- The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to Arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by STNL. The venue of arbitration shall be at Chennai and the Arbitration proceedings shall be in English.
- Any interim reliefs sought under Arbitration shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Chennai city only.
- STNL, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at any time, without giving any prior notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the contest.
- Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, STNL reserves the right to seek damages from any such viewer to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
- All entries will be treated as the sole property of STNL and can be used by STNL for any promotional and / or commercial activity, in any mode/platform/medium & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of STNL by participating in the Contest.
- Participants/winners may be required by STNL to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that STNL has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
- STNL in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this Contest, or generally. STNL may promote or advertise that a winner has won the Contest.
- In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the prize/ selection of winners, the decision of STNL shall be final and binding on all concerned. All decisions by STNL regarding the selection of the winners shall be final and binding.
- Apart from the above-mentioned prize/s, nothing else will be provided to the winner. All applicable taxes, levies, cesses, insurances, transfers and other expenses, if any, will have to be borne and paid by the winner.
- All prizes shall be claimed by the winners, accompanied with documents specified herein below, from STNL within 7 days from the date of publishing of the Winners on the website. The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the winner includes the following (the document list is only indicative and not exhaustive and STNL shall be entitled to request the participant/winner to produce such other document/s from the winner as it may deem fit to its sole and absolute satisfaction:
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account details
- STNL at its sole discretion may also waive production of any of the aforesaid documents
- Failure to claim the prize within the aforesaid 7 days period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize and/or declaration of alternate winner which is at the sole discretion of STNL.
- If the winners fail to claim their prizes or submit the aforesaid documents to claim the prize within 7 days from the date of availability of the winners’ details, then STNL reserves the right to retain such unclaimed prizes.
- STNL reserves the right to change/modify/amend the terms and conditions of the Prize at any time at its sole discretion.
- STNL reserves the right to change, defer,, alter or cancel this Contest in part or in full, or change any or all of the terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation/notice of any kind and will not be liable for any consequential losses/damages.
- STNL, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss or profits, incurred by the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this contest, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
- STNL, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the Contest including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct contest score updates or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, STNL shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of STNL or its vendors.
- This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of STNL.
- The Contest is valid subject to the winner complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by STNL. Any failure on the part of the Contestant/winner to comply with any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the Contestant/winner liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of STNL.
- This Contest is subject to guidelines/ directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India or any other statutory authority from time to time.
- STNL reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, at its sole discretion at any time during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and the same shall be binding on the contestant/winner .
- STNL shall not be responsible for the quality, fitness, merchantability, defect or deficiency etc. of the prize and no claim or request, whatsoever, in this respect shall be entertained by the STNL.
- Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the contest.